- Framed Certificate
- Engraved plaque to be displayed on campus honoring winners
- Nominees must be active military, reserve, or national guard or a veteran having served in the U.S Armed Services.
- Nominees must be enrolled at Penn State Mont Alto during the semester of nomination.
- Student veterans who have demonstrated academic achievement and who have made a meaningful contribution to the University or broader community may be nominated. Nominees do not necessarily have to be in an assigned leadership role.
Criteria for Judging
- Difficult circumstances to overcome in order to pursue higher education
- Success in coping with numerous roles
- Innovative approaches to meeting personal education needs
- Supportive of other veterans returning to school
- Contributions to campus and/or community
- Sensitizing the institution to the needs of student veterans
- Nominations accepted from any Mont Alto student, faculty, or staff member.
- Nomination must include
- Letter of nomination outlining the student’s qualifications for the award as they relate to established criteria (see below)
- Nomination Form (see below)
- Student Veteran Club Advisor
- Director of Development Representative
- Faculty Member
- Director of Student Affairs (non-voting)
2016 Joshua Hersl
2015 Benjamin Stephey
2014 Joshua D. Adams
2013 Allen Stephey