The Penn State Mont Alto campus places a high value on excellence in academic advising among its faculty. Appropriately each year the Student Government Association recognizes one outstanding academic advisor.
- Students are asked to nominate outstanding advisors, as defined by the criteria listed below.
- Advisor must teach at least four (4) sections per year at Penn State Mont Alto.
- Advisor must be nominated by a student currently enrolled atPenn State Mont Alto.
$500 stipend and a framed certificate
Nomination Process & Criteria
Submit your nomination below. Nominations will consist of the equivalent of up to a two (2) page typewritten paper discussing reasons the student believes the instructor is deserving of this teaching award. The nomination should address the following points:
- The ability of the advisor to clarify difficult concepts.
- The advisor’s respect for the students as individuals.
- The advisor’s knowledge of the subject.
- The advisor’s preparation for advising.
- The advisor’s skill in encouraging students to participate in discussions about academic planning.
- Other strengths that set this advisor apart from other faculty.
2016 Jennifer Reilly
2013 John Henry
2012 Elizabeth Brantley
2011 Craig Houghton
2009 Siegfried Herzog
2008 Elizabeth Hill
2007 Jacqueline Schwab
2006 Lauraine Hawkins
2005 John Henry
2004 Elizabeth Brantley
2003 Elizabeth Hill
2002 Morgan Jenkins
2001 Lauraine Hawkins
2000 James Donovan
1998 Jacqueline Schwab
1997 Lauraine Hawkins
1996 Lauraine Hawkins
1994 Janet DeLany
1993 Robin Yaure