Veterans' Required Documents and Forms

Veterans' Required Documents and Forms

After accepting your admission to Penn State Mont Alto, veterans or dependents will need to present copies of the following forms to the veterans affairs coordinator so certifications can be processed to the Department of Veterans Affairs to receive your GI Bill® educational benefits (this includes Veterans, Active Duty, Reservist, National Guard members, and Survivor and Dependents of Disabled or Deceased Veterans).

Certificate of Eligibility

This document is issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs after completion of the educational benefits application online here for Chapter 33, Chapter 30, and Chapter 35 GI Bill® educational benefits.

Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) VA Form DD-2384-1

This form is used to determine entitlement by eligible members of the Selective Reserve and National Guard to receive the Montgomery GI Bill® Educational Assistance Benefits (MGIB). Members should obtain their NOBE from their unit of assignment.

Changing to Penn State from another University/College or Change of Program within Penn State

Complete one of the following forms:

Request for Certification Form

Please complete and submit Request for Certification Form

Kicker Contract

Reservist and Active Duty Veterans must also present copies of the following forms if applicable: any branch of the service may be offered a kicker. The kicker is an additional amount of money that increases their monthly Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) payment. The military branch establishes the qualifications for the kicker and is usually based on critical occupational specialties. Members should obtain a copy of their kicker from their unit of assignment.

Priority Registration

Penn State's Faculty Senate has approved priority registration for honorably discharged student veterans of the United States Armed Forces, Reserve, and Guard. This benefit means veterans may schedule classes ahead of students without priority registration based on the timeline set for each campus. Priority Registration must be requested by submitting a completed Veterans Priority Registration form with a Member 4 copy of a DD214.