Adjunct Faculty Make-Up Testing Procedures
The make-up testing center is provided to assist Penn State Adjunct Faculty in proctoring excused make-up exams for students in their courses. The make-up testing center may not be used to proctor exams for students receiving special accommodations through the Student Disability Resources Office.
The procedures for using the Academic Support Center Make-Up Testing Center are listed below:
- The Academic Support Center DOES NOT administer DROP-IN make-up testing. All make-up testing must be scheduled in advanced.
- The student taking the exam must schedule for an exam proctoring time on the ASC Scheduling System. If not already registered, the student must register and access the "Advocacy & Proctoring" schedule to schedule in one of the three testing rooms. **If additional assistance is needed, the staff in the ASC can help you schedule.
- The faculty member in whose class the test is being given must provide a paper copy of the test to a designated staff member of the ASC prior to the student’s scheduled testing time along with the specific directions regarding the testing material. An instruction sheet can be found at the front desk of the Academic Support Center.
- The test is placed in a secure location until the student arrives to take it.
- When the student arrives to take the test, he or she is shown to an area where they will be given their test. *Note: tests are not individually proctored, and the ASC is not responsible for the belongings of the student. Students should not bring any belongings that are not specifically directed as test materials. Students are expected to uphold the principles of academic integrity while test-taking.
- When finished with the test, the student returns the test to the designated ASC staff member.
- The designated ASC staff member returns the test to the secure location until the testing faculty member collects it.
- Exams may be dropped off and picked up at the front desk, Monday through Thursday from 7:45 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. or Friday from 7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Exams must be placed in a sealed envelope with the instruction form completed and enclosed in the envelope. (Extra envelopes and instruction forms will be available at the ASC when dropping off exams.)
- Adjunct faculty should communicate the testing procedures with their students needing to utilize the service.