The Mont Alto LaunchBox will be a catalyst for entrepreneurship in Franklin County.
The mission of the Mont Alto LaunchBox is to:
Connect entrepreneurs to a range of resources that include the services provided by partners such as SCORE, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), Ben Franklin Technology Partners, and Penn TAP; access to providers of capital; intellectual property that can be licensed and brought to market; and Penn State’s vast entrepreneurship ecosystem. All these resources are listed on our website under “Entrepreneur Resources.”
Inspire entrepreneurs by exposing them to the stories and testimonials of successful students and other entrepreneurs through an annual entrepreneurship forum.
Motivate entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas in an annual LIONTank™ pitch competition modeled after Shark Tank.
Assist new and existing startups with practical know-how that they could not otherwise afford. This includes access to the following:
- The Entrepreneur Assistance Clinic at Penn State Law
- The Intellectual Property Clinic at Penn State Law
- Business Law Society at Penn State Dickinson Law
- Arts, Sports, and Entertainment Law Clinic at Penn State Law
- Rural Economic Development Clinic at Penn State Law
- A co-working space in downtown Chambersburg, PA where aspiring entrepreneurs can spend time working on their ideas
De-risk the efforts of entrepreneurs by providing all its services free of charge.