Brief Description of the position:
The Freshman Representative will serve as an executive board member of SGA. S/he will also serve as a voting member of the Council of Commonwealth Student Governments (CCSG).
Please return the completed application to Campus Life (Conklin 207) by 5PM on Wednesday, September 11th.
- Elections will be held online.
- Candidates must be a full-time, first-year student enrolled at Penn State Mont Alto.
- Elected representative must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.25 or higher.
Please carefully review the election guidelines outlined in the Student Government Association Constition.
Student Government Association
A few guidelines have been established to make sure all university policies and political ethics are observed. Election guidelines are an essential part in conducting a successful election.
All campaigning must follow all University policies and procedures:
- Students may not go door-to-door in the residence halls to campaign for SGA elections.
- All flyers must be hung only on designated bulletin boards in other specific areas. All materials displayed in The Mill must have a prior approval from Housing and Food Services staff.
- Distribution of any campus literature must follow University policy.
- Candidates are not permitted to use personal computers / devices during the election process to collect votes. Devices used for this purpose must be owned by and registered through the Penn State Mont Alto Information Technology and Services Department.
- Serious violations of these election regulations MAY result in candidates being disqualified for election, at the discretion of the SGA Advisor.
To be eligible, a candidate must complete the petition with 30 signatures of currently enrolled students at Mont Alto. If the applicant lives on campus, no more than five signatures may be from their residence hall floor. Fifteen (15) signatures must be from commuters, and fifteen (15) must be from residence hall students. Current SGA Executive Board and Senate members are ineligible to participate in this petition.
Duties and Responsibilities of Officers and Senators
Article II: Duties of Officers
It will be the duty of all officers to attend Student Government Association meetings and to vote upon all matters brought before the Association and abide by the Constitution and By-laws of the Student Government Association.
- 1.6 The duties of the Freshman Representative shall be to:
- 1.61 Represent the freshman class and its interests.
- 1.62 Represent Penn State Mont Alto on the Council of Commonwealth Student Governments (CCSG) at University Park.
- 1.63 Assist the Communications Coordinator in publicizing all SGA sponsored activities.
- 1.65 Represent the Student Government Association on any appropriate campus committees.
- 1.66 Submit an end of the year report upon completion of his/her term.