Fall Semester 2020
- Library hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, beginning August 24
- Web: ask.libraries.psu.edu
- Call: 717-749-6040
- Email: [email protected]
- Online Research: libraries.psu.edu or libraries.psu.edu/guides/subject
The following spaces are available for individual/private use on a first-come-first-served basis:
- 2nd Floor: Small Study Rooms 203, 204, 205, and 214
- One computer is available in each
- 2nd Floor: Seating area near the restrooms
- One computer available
- 2nd Floor: Meeting rooms 202 and 215
*The first and second floors will have additional quiet, but somewhat less private, socially-distanced space for student use.
Borrowing Books and Library Items
Book stacks will not be accessible for self service. If an electronic version of a book is available, users will be directed to that. The “I Want It” button in the library catalog should be used to request books where a digital copy is not available. Users will be notified by email when ready for pickup.
Online Course Reading and Reserves
Electronic readings requested by your instructor (links to articles, scans of book chapters, etc.) may be available here. Lists of readings may also appear in Canvas under Library Resources. Additional course-related books and other items will be available at the front desk for 24-hour checkout. Also see: How do I find items on reserve for my course?
Research Assistance & Other Help
Penn State Librarians and staff will be monitoring the Ask A Librarian chat and email service. More in-depth research consultations can be scheduled and will be conducted via phone or Zoom. Use the Research Consultation Request form to schedule an appointment.