The Introduction to Business Management Certificate program (15-16 credits) is designed to provide you with a strong foundation in core business areas such as management, accounting or finance, communications, writing, and technology. You can earn this certificate upon successful completion of five courses.
Certificate programs provide a flexible, convenient, short-term opportunity for professional development, self-enhancement, and earning a formal academic credential from Penn State.
CAS 100A or 100B: Effective Speech
- Tuesdays, Aug. 25 - Dec. 15 from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. via Zoom videoconferencing
- (A) Principles of communication, implemented through presentation of speeches, with some attention to group discussion and message evaluation. (B) Principles of communication, implemented through group problem solving, with some attention to formal speaking and message evaluation. (3 credits)
MIS 204: Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Introduction to the use of information systems in business organizations. (3 credits)
ENGL 015: Rhetoric and Composition
- Instruction and practice in writing expository prose that shows sensitivity to audience and purpose. (3 credits)
MGMT 100: Survey of Management
- Introduction to organizational factors relevant to management processes, including leadership, motivation, job design, technology, organizational design and environments, systems, change. (3 credits)
ACCTG 211: Financial and Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- Introduction to the role of accounting numbers in the process of managing a business and in investor decision making. (4 credits)
– OR –
FIN100: Introduction to Finance
- The nature, scope, and interdependence of the institutional and individual participants in the financial system. (3 credits)
Admission to Certificate Programs
Certificate programs and courses are open to high school graduates and to those who have earned a GED. Prerequisite course requirements may apply. No formal application to Penn State is required, but those interested in enrolling must complete a non-degree enrollment form.
- $524 per credit for PA residents
- Tuition reimbursement from your employer is accepted with verification of eligibility.
Location and Delivery
Classes are held through instructor-led training via Zoom videoconferencing.
Call Continuing Education at 717-749-4117.