15-hour Assisted Living Administrator Training (1.5 CEU’s)
According to 55 PA Code Chapter 2800, prior to employment as an Assisted Living Administrator, you must take this 15-hour training program in addition to the 100-hour Personal Care Home Administrator training and exam.
You must be a certified Personal Care Home Administrator with the State of Pennsylvania to participate in this training. These hours count towards yearly CEU requirements.
Assisted living administrators manage, outline, and coordinate services geared toward older adults who may require assistance with eating, bathing, taking medication, and other basic functions. They oversee the day-to-day operations of the assisted living facilities and ensure that all staff is providing the best service possible.
Administrators must take a state-approved course or program and pass an exam in order to become licensed.
You are also required to attend a free Assisted Living Administrator Orientation by the Department of Human Services before you are considered an Assisted Living Administrator.
We are partnering with Penn State York (approved provider by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services) to offer this virtual program to Mont Alto area PCHA’s.
Spring 2022 Course Information
- 8 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., Friday, January 14 and 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., Saturday, January 15
- both classes are required
- The program is delivered via Zoom; all registered participants will receive an email with login information.
- Cost: $350
Spring 2022 Course Schedule
- Informed Consent, Friday, January 14, 8-10 a.m.
- Assisted Living Resident Composition, Friday, January 14, 10:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Person Centered Care, Friday, January 14, 2:15-6:15 p.m.
- Infection Control Saturday, January 15, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Neurological Impairments, Saturday, January 15, 10:45 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
Many US states and territories require professional licensure/certification to be employed. If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession after completing this program, please visit the Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map.