MedCamp 2023 | June 26 -30, 2023
Are you a high-achieving 9th-or-10-grader interested in a career in healthcare, but exactly not sure what you want to do? MedCamp is for you!
Join us for a week of exploration and hands-on activities including suturing, phlebotomy, nursing diagnostics, and operating room simulation.
This popular camp, the only one of its kind in the region, gives youths a real-world glimpse into the world of healthcare. Campers will learn about careers in nursing, oncology, cardiology, radiology, emergency medicine, surgery, dentistry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, veterinary medicine, and more!
- Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- WellSpan Chambersburg Hospital
- Shenandoah University
- Wilson College
2023 camp details:
- For rising 9th-and-10th-grade students
- June 26-30
- Drop off and pick up daily at Penn State Mont Alto, 1 Campus Drive, Mont Alto, Pa.
- Cost: $395 (includes lunch and field trip transportation)
- Feb. 20 – Online application opens
- March 31 – Completed applications due
- Week of April 10 – Notifications of acceptance will be sent
- May 19 – Payment and required documentation due
Tips for completing the application:
- MedCamp application requires two teacher/counselor recommendations. We recommend identifying your two references before starting the application and getting their agreement to supply a recommendation. You will need their email address as part of the application process.
- After completing your application, please let your two references know that they will receive an email to submit their recommendation. The application is not considered complete until both recommendations are received by Penn State Mont Alto.
- The application includes a student statement of interest. Be as descriptive as possible--show us your personality. We want to know why this opportunity is so important to you.
- TIP: Please proofread your statement of interest before submitting to check for misspellings, punctuation, and grammar; put your best foot forward.
For more information, please contact the Penn State Mont Alto Office of Continuing Education at (717) 749-4117.
Note: Penn State Mont Alto is planning on-campus, face-to-face camps. This is subject to change due to COVID-19 health and safety regulations.
Parents and/or guardians, please familiarize yourself with the Penn State Youth Program policies that are in place to ensure the safety of youth participating in our programs, activities, and services.
The application for MedCamp 2023 will be open February 20 - March 31, 2023.