We are excited to welcome our students back to campus in new ways and provide creative programming that still allows us to connect and engage in a variety of ways including virtually, as well as face-to-face from a safe physical distance.
Wiestling Student Center
**Wiestling Student Center is closed during the remote period, from January 18 to February 14)
- Hours of Operation: Once students return to face to face instruction: 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays, closed on Saturdays, and 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays.
- The stickers are where you may sit in Wiestling Hall to be the appropriate 6-feet apart and please have your mask on while in this space.
- You may utilize the billiards table/Ping Pong combination table, but you will need to bring your own equipment to play. The board games are not accessible for fall 2020.
- We have temporarily closed the Club Resource Room, the Band Room and the Honors Suite. Our plan is to revisit these changes at the conclusion of the fall semester and adjust as needed for the spring 2021.
Activities and Events
- Remote Delivered Events- Calendar for remote events is available on the Penn State GO app.
- Student Affairs will be hosting in-person events on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at varying hours. These are days when most students are on campus to enjoy events.
- Due to venue capacity you may not be able to attend a program or event at your original planned time. We ask for your understanding and flexibility and we will do our best to offer multiple offerings for popular programs. When possible, a zoom link will be provided for those who wish to attend remotely.
The Lion’s Pantry at Penn State Mont Alto (Wiestling Student Center, second floor) will be open to local students during the hours of operation of the Wiestling Student Center. If you are experiencing food or housing insecurity concerns, please contact Student Affairs.
We understand that some students are struggling financially, please let a faculty or staff member know. There may be funds available to support and assist you. For more information about Student Affairs at Mont Alto, visit the Student Affairs section of the website.
Career Services will be engaging with students virtually throughout the semester; we're offering the same student services as always in a remote delivery.
- Resumes/Cover Letters
- Grad School Q & A
- Job/Internship Search Support
- LinkedIn/Social Media
- Career/Major Exploration