In the event of inclement weather, official announcements regarding the status of the campus will be posted via the following services.
Official Announcement Listings for the Campus
Announcements will be made by 6:00 a.m. for status changes affecting the start of classes that day. Should the campus close early due to inclement weather, announcements will be posted as needed.
- Check the campus homepage at montalto.psu.edu. The Mont Alto website will also be updated with the current status of the campus. In the event of a weather emergency, an alert displaying the status of the campus will be displayed on the front page of the website. Essential employees always report to work unless notified otherwise by their supervisor.
- Call the Campus Status Hotline at 717-749-6090.
- Get a text message or receive a phone call. Register your cell phone number at https://psualert.psu.edu/psualert/ and select "Mont Alto Alerts."
- Check the Penn State Mont Alto social media channels:
Unofficial announcements may also be broadcast on these local radio and TV stations.
- WIKZ 95.1 FM, Chambersburg/Greencastle/Waynesboro
- WAYZ 104.7 FM, Greencastle/Waynesboro
- WFYN 101.5 AM, Greencastle/Waynesboro
- WCBG 1380 AM, Greencastle/Waynesboro
- WYCR 98.5 FM, Gettysburg/Hanover
- WGET 107.7 FM, Gettysburg
- WPPT 92.1FM, Greencastle/Waynesboro
- WQCM 94.3 FM Chambersburg/Greencastle/ Hagerstown/Martinsburg
- WDVM, Local viewing area on Antietam Cable, Channel 12 / Dish Channel 25
- WGAL 8, NBC, Harrisburg/York/Lancaster
- WHTM 27, ABC, Harrisburg
- WHP 21,CBS, Harrisburg
Class and Office Schedule Changes
If classes are on a modified schedule:
If the forecast predicts improving conditions, classes may be put on a modified schedule. This schedule will allow time for campus roads and sidewalks to be plowed and give students more time to reach campus. Offices will open at 10 a.m.
If classes begin at noon:
When classes start at noon, all morning classes are canceled; and the campus runs on its regular class schedule after 12:00 p.m. Offices will open at 10 a.m.
When classes start at six in the evening:
Classes and campus activities beginning at 6 p.m. and later will be held as scheduled, unless otherwise announced. Offices that typically hold evening hours will open at 6 p.m.
If classes are canceled:
When inclement weather causes poor campus conditions, classes may be canceled. Offices will open at 10 a.m.
If the campus is closed:
All classes are canceled and offices are closed.