Earn a business degree close to home at Penn State Mont Alto.
Do you want to become a flexible business professional, equipped to adapt to the ever-changing workplace of the future? The Bachelor of Science in Business is an upper-division, professionally-oriented business degree for individuals who are seeking broad-based preparation in business.
Why Study Business?
The Business degree combines applied study in a practical setting, especially with the small-business climates across most of the Commonwealth, with the following core business disciplines:
The Business program is suitable for a wide range of students, including recent high school graduates, returning adult students, and transfer students from other colleges and universities. It is also an excellent option for students who wish to stay close to home but are interested in the prestige of a Penn State degree.
We also provide an intense, condensed version of the program, which culminates in a two-year associate degree. Some students start there and then finish the bachelor's degree.
What You’ll Learn
As part of the Business program, you’ll expand your knowledge across a multitude of business-related topics while gaining real-world experience. In the program, you can expect to:
- learn practical skills such as team building and collaboration;
- learn core business essentials such as accounting, finance, management, project management, supply chain / logistics, and marketing from outstanding Penn State faculty;
- gain on-the-job experience through internships and work with local corporations, small businesses, and nonprofits;
- work in teams, manage projects, learn how to give oral and electronic presentations, and lead groups;
- learn how to manage time, creatively and constructively solve problems, improve productivity, and better serve the customer;
- develop the strong written and oral communications and technological skills necessary to effectively compete in today's workforce.
Internships and Beyond
A senior project, internship, or independent study with area businesses will broaden a student’s understanding of the connection between the classroom and the workplace. Our team has worked hard to establish well-paid internship opportunities with major companies for our students.
Graduates from the Business program at Penn State Mont Alto are sought after to such a degree that there are more jobs available than graduates.