The annual Academic Festival is an opportunity for students to share their research and findings with the community.
This exciting event displays academic highlights that were researched, developed, and created throughout the 2020-2021 school year to the campus community, Penn State families, and the public. It is like a science fair, but for ALL topics!
Participating students can find helpful information on our Participation page.
2021 Schedule of Events
- Project proposals are due March 19, 2021
- April 14 Student projects will be available online
- April 16 Live presentations and Q&A will occur via Zoom
- 9 Informational Exhibits
- 11 Research Projects
- 4 Oral Presentations – presented live via Zoom
- 28 pieces of Artwork
Projects presented at the Academic Festival last year ranged widely and covered timely and relevant subject matter. These are just a few examples of the topics Penn State Mont Alto students explored:
- Flourishing with the Emotional Challenges and Stressors Associated with College
- Reducing the Use of Opioids in Adult Critical Care Unit
- Sexual Guilt and Esteem in LGBT+ Adolescents and Emerging Adults
- Understanding Service Animals
- Information in the Information Age