The annual Academic Festival is an opportunity for students to share their research and findings with the community.
This exciting event displays academic highlights that were researched, developed, and created throughout the 2019-2020 school year to the campus community, Penn State families, and the public. It is like a science fair, but for ALL topics!
Schedule of Events
- April 22 Student Projects Available Online (Posters, Presentations & Artwork)
- April 24 Live Student Presentations (via Zoom)
This year's virtual festival features the work of 61 students in 24 projects:
- 9 Informational Exhibits
- 11 Research Projects
- 4 Oral Presentations – presented live via Zoom
- 25-30 pieces of Artwork
Research presented in the Academic Festival this year ranges widely and covers timely and relevant subject matter. These are just a few examples of the topics Penn State Mont Alto students are exploring:
- Flourishing with the Emotional Challenges and Stressors Associated with College
- Reducing the Use of Opioids in Adult Critical Care Unit
- Sexual Guilt and Esteem in LGBT+ Adolescents and Emerging Adults
- Understanding Service Animals
- Information in the Information Age
Participating student can find helpful information on our Participation page.