Your task is to provide an engaging, succinct 15 minute performance (5 additional minutes may be used to address audience questions). Your performance will be evaluated according to both the quality of the content and the performance style. Please review the Performance Judging Form to see the judging criteria.
Criteria you will be judged upon
Each exhibit will be given a score from 10 (excellent) to 0 (poor) based on ten different criteria. More specifically, 10 - 9 = Excellent, 8 - 7 = Very Good, 6 - 5 = Average, 4 - 3 = Inadequate, and 2 - 0 = Poor. Each judging form will include the project number, the name of the judge, the individual score for each criterion, the total points awarded (out of 100), and a space for comments (one for each criterion) to be shared with the student(s).
Note that if a required component (criterion) is missing, a 0 will be given for that component of the project.
- Authenticity / Proficiency
- Emotional or Motivational Appeal
- Visual or Media Content
- Connection with Audience
- Question & Answer Session
What should I include in my presentation?
This will depend on the content of your performance. If you use media or visual aids, please make sure that the necessary technology will be provided. Be sure to request equipment when you submit your proposal. (See proposal form). Seek advice from your faculty mentor to assist you in making specific decisions about what to include or exclude.
How should I organize my presentation?
- Please provide an INTRODUCTION of your performance to the audience.
- The CONTENT of your performance will be evaluated using the criteria on the next page.
- You should also provide a CLOSING to your performance.
- Be prepared for questions from the audience following your performance.