Congratulations on your acceptance to Penn State Mont Alto.
Getting accepted to college is big deal, and you probably have questions about what happens next.
We're here to answer your questions and to help in any way we can.
Take the first step in becoming a Penn Stater by attending one of our 2021 Accepted Student Information Sessions.
Sessions will cover admissions next steps, student aid - including recommended filing timelines for completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - scholarship opportunities, advising, orientation, student activities, and information about living on campus.
Next Steps Checklist
Review your offer of admission in MyPennState.
- All of the important details related to your offer are in your letter
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The FAFSA is available after October 1 at fafsa.gov
- Priority filing date is December 1
- Students can still submit after December 1
Attend an Accepted Student Program.
Respond to your offer of admission.
- Login to MyPennState
- Click the button: “Follow this link to accept your offer of admission”
Submit your nonrefundable deposit.
Accept a housing and food service contract, if applicable.
- A housing and food contract will be created for you when you accept admission.
- Visit the eLiving website to indicate your preferences.
Plan for New Student Orientation.
Schedule your Orientation date.
2. Complete the ALEKS Math Assessment, if applicable.
3. Attend your orientation and advising meetings.
International Students: I-20 and financial guarantee details.
- Once you accept your offer of admission and pay your enrollment fees, the Office of Global Programs will begin processing your I-20.
- The Global Programs has additional information for you.
Provide the required health and immunization information.
Verify your incoming credits.
Submit Your Final High School Transcript.
- Once you have completed your high school graduation, be sure to submit your final high school transcript documentation by July 1.
- SRAR Validation: Validation of the Self-Reported Academic Record is also required for a first year student.
Pay your bill.
- Semester bills typically arrive about 6 weeks prior to the start of classes (by late July for the fall semester) and can be paid online through your LionPATH account.
- You will receive an email when your bill is ready.
- Contact the Office of the Bursar if you have any questions.