Congratulations, you're a true blue-and-white Penn Stater. Thank you for joining the Penn State Mont Alto campus community. Whether you’re completing your degree at Mont Alto or getting your start here as part of Penn State’s 2+2 program, we’re here to support you and help you achieve your academic goals.
And it all starts with New Student Orientation. During NSO, you’ll meet with students, faculty, and staff; learn more about campus resources, schedule courses for your first semester, and become familiar with campus (that’ll help on the first day of classes). All new Penn State students must complete NSO before registering for courses.
For summer 2022, New Student Orientation is being offered as a hybrid program with three steps:
1. Attend an on-campus experience
2. Complete the course planning guide
3. Meet virtually with an orientation adviser to schedule your fall classes
Steps two and three will be completed by students virtually following their on-campus experience.
Students can invite one guest to attend NSO with them; your guest can be a family member, a friend, or another support person.
New Student Orientation will be offered to students in three sessions; you only need to complete one session, and you can choose the session that works best with your schedule. New students Penn State students planning to take summer classes or who are participating in PaSSS must complete NSO in June to register for summer classes. Please note that international students will automatically be scheduled for the August orientation session.
To help students complete the orientation steps on time, an NSO Tasklist will be available for each student starting in the summer 2022 or fall 2022 semesters. You will gain access to the NSO Tasklist in March 2022. You will receive an email to the email address provided on your admissions application when you have access. There will also be an access link located on this webpage. You will use your Penn State account (e.g., abc5123) to access this tasklist.
NSO Sessions schedules:
June 16 – June 24
- On-campus experience on June 16
- Student completes course planning guide June 17-19
- Attend a virtual advising appointment between June 20 – 24
July 14 – July 22
- On-campus experience on July 14
- Student completes course planning guide July 15 - 17
- Attend a virtual advising appointment between July 18-22
August 8 – August 12
- On-campus experience is on August 8
- Student completes course planning guide August 9
- Attend a virtual advising appointment between August 10-12
Reservations for NSO will open in April. There is limited seating for each orientation session, and students must complete all orientation steps within the schedule for the session they register for.