The Public Relations and Marketing team works collaboratively with the campus community to promote the Mont Alto campus and raise the visibility and reputation of the campus in our region.
Areas of oversight are branding, media relations, public relations, print design, website design and development, advertising, social media, and other outreach efforts that support our campus.
Public Relations and Marketing (PRM) requires a minimum of 10 business days to complete requests; however, not all projects will be able to be completed within that window.
Final delivery dates will be determined based on the current PRM workload and staffing, the scope of a project and the amount of time required to complete it, and the urgency/time sensitivity of the project.
Please plan ahead for your projects to allow for as much time as possible.
Please keep the following in mind when scheduling your request:
- Social media campaigns, media releases, and features stories require a minimum of three weeks.
- Event promotion: Effective event promotion can take a minimum of three weeks before the event to help get the word out. Please put your request in at least five weeks before your event date to allow the PRM time for creative research and collateral development.
- Print requests: Print requests have a minimum four-week delivery window. This timeframe allows adequate time for PRM staff to review, update, and approve materials per Penn State brand guidelines and to assign UED number(s). It also ensures that we can give our professional printers two weeks to print and deliver the job to campus. We do not like to hurry and strain our local partners. We ask that you please plan your project accordingly. If your print request includes the design of the piece the request will take longer than four weeks.
- The requested due date on the collaboration form is the date by which you need your materials/request completed (not the date by which you would like a meeting or acknowledgment of your request). This date must be 10-working days from the day the ticket is submitted. Tickets that have a completion day of less than 10 business days will be sent back to the originator for resubmission.
- We know that sometimes emergency situations arise, and we're here to provide support in those instances; however, those should be rare in occurrence. If you find that you have a project that needs to be expedited, please have your department director or manager contact Courtney Gotham, director of Public Relations and Marketing, at [email protected].
Collaboration requests are acknowledged and tracked within one business day, and you should hear from a member of the team within two business days to discuss your project. Please do not forward attachments for requests to any PRM team member as part of the ticket process. We will collect attachments and documentation when we follow-up within one business day.