The Public Relations and Marketing Department is Penn State Mont Alto’s central office for University-wide news, publications, press releases, media relations, and public affairs.
For the News Media
The Office of Public Relations and Marketing offers assistance to print, broadcast and online media. We can connect reporters with faculty experts, assist news crews with on-campus photography/videography, or help members of the media locate archived photos, news stories and press releases.
Guidelines for on-campus news reporting:
- Contact the Office of Public Relations and Marketing before coming to campus so we can assist you in your endeavors;
- Permission is required in advance from the director of public relations in order to enter classrooms, libraries, laboratories or similar facilities;
- Residence halls are not open to news media;
- News media require permission in advance from the Office of Public Relations and Marketing to photograph, videotape or broadcast live from campus. Permission for exterior shots is generally granted as long as it does not interfere with University operations;
- All commercial non-news photography or videotaping must be approved in advance by the Department of Public Relations and Marketing.