Welcome to Penn State Media Commons @ Mont Alto where the possibilities of digital media creation are endless! Penn State Media Commons is a university-wide initiative to help enrich the academic experience by providing the tools, training, and support needed for digital content creation by students, faculty, and staff. We also offer a One Button Studio for quick and easy video recording.
- Please visit mediacommons.psu.edu for complete information on this exciting service by Penn State.
- For campus specific information and to meet our Penn State Media Commons consultant, please visit mediacommons.psu.edu/locations/commonwealth/mont-alto.
- One Button Studio: Library 202
- Editing Suites: Library 203, 204, & 205
Hours of Operation
Penn State Media Commons @ Mont Alto is available during the regular business hours of the Penn State Mont Alto Library. Please visit the Penn State Mont Alto Library's webpage for current hours of operation.
Equipment and Software
- Green Screen
- Professional-Grade Lighting
- Professional-Grade Video Recording Equipment
- Teleprompter TV
- LCD projector
- Garage Band, iMovie and Final Cut Pro
- And many other items
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I make a reservation to use the studio and/or editing suites?
The library circulation desk can assist you in making an appointment. You may either visit the library or call 717-749-6040 to speak with a member of the library staff.
Q: I made a reservation but the room is locked, what should I do?
Stop by the library circulation desk to pickup a key.
Q: I need a digital video or still camera to complete a project, but I can't take the equipment from the studio, what should I do?
Information Technology Services makes available various equipment for student, faculty, and staff use. Click the link titled A/V Services at the left for more information.
Q: I need help!
There are a number of ways to receive help with your projects...
- How-To manuals are provided in each editing suite.
- The Penn State Media Commons Hotline is available during select hours to assist with software or equipment questions. Alternately if you are located in one of the editing suites, pickup the telephone located on the desk and dial extension 5000. This will connect you to the hotline. Consultants at University Park have the ability to remotely access the computers and assist you in real time.
- Visit the Penn State Media Commons Instruction and Training portion of their website for how-to documents and video tutorials.
- Each month our Penn State Media Commons consultant visits the campus. The staff at the library circulation desk can help you schedule an appointment with the consultant while he or she is on campus.