Careers for Forest Technology Program Graduates
Forest technicians are trained to perform fieldwork in forest management, tree care, and wildlife management. They conduct forest inventories, gather research data, mark timber, and supervise timber sales. They are employed as:
- Forest technicians
- Land surveyors
- Plant health care specialists
- Soil conservation technicians
- Urban foresters
- Utility foresters
- Wildland firefighters
Examples of Employers
Public (Federal and State) Employers:
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- USDA–Natural Resource Conservation Service
- US Forest Service
- Pennsylvania Bureau of Forestry
- Pennsylvania Game Commission
- Maryland DNR, Forest Service
Arboriculture and Utility Forestry employers:
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Cumberland Valley Tree Service
- Davey Tree Expert Co.
- Asplundh Tree Expert Co.
Forest Industry employers:
- Saw mills
- Consulting forestry firms
Forestry-related employers include:
- County soil conservation districts
- Private forest landowners
Penn State Resources
Visit the Nittany Lion Careers to access national, regional and local job listings. You may also post your resumes to the site once approved by Career Services. All students can access a free account using your PSU username and password.
Visit Penn State Mont Alto's Career Services office for additional assistance and resources.