Overview and Requirements
Re-enrollment allows a former degree candidate (policy 58-00) to resume degree candidacy. Re-enrollment is appropriate if you:
- Withdrew from the University
- Interrupted continuous degree enrollment during fall/spring semester
- Were dismissed or suspended for nonacademic reasons
- Invalidated a leave of absence
- Plan to return for a second associate or baccalaureate degree
- Plan to return for graduation
- Voluntarily changed your enrollment status to nondegree
Students who desire to re-enroll and were not previously enrolled in the Mont Alto OTA program must have a cumulative collegiate grade-point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale as the minimum University requirement for re-enrollment consideration. In general, re-enrollment to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program often times requires a substantially higher cumulative grade-point average. The number of qualified applicants typically exceeds the number of available program spaces; therefore, satisfaction of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
The program is competitive and applicants to the program are reviewed annually in January. Therefore, students should submit a re-enrollment application to the campus registrar by November 30of the year PRIOR to when they wish to enter the Occupational Therapy Assistant program (i.e. November 30 2017 for entrance to Occupational Therapy courses in fall 2018). Applications received after November 30 will be reviewed on a space available basis.
In addition to a cumulative grade point average, it is recommended that all re-enrollment applicants should have demonstrated successful completion of at least one (1) laboratory based biological and one (1) social science related course prior to the January review.
Biological and Life Sciences (choose at least one)
- BIOL161 / BIOL162 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL163 / BIOL164 Anatomy & Physiology II
Social and Behavioral Sciences (choose at least one)
- PSYCH 100 General Psychology (3 cr)
- HDFS129 Introduction to Human Development and Family Studies (3 cr) or PSYCH212
For those students who have previously attended the Mont Alto OTA program and wish to re-enroll, you must demonstrate you left the Occupational Therapy Assistant program at Mont Alto in good standing with at least a cumulative collegiate grade-point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. It is recommended that you discuss your re-enrollment intentions with the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Coordinator to determine any deficiencies you may have as well as your semester standing upon returning to the program. Your previous academic standing at Penn State, grade-point average, and a review of OTA relevant degree requirements completed while previously enrolled will be reviewed as part of the re-enrollment evaluation.
Applicants who submit their application to Penn State by November 30 will be given priority consideration. Applications received after November 30 will be reviewed on a space available basis.
How to Apply
- Complete the Undergraduate Re-enrollment Form and return it to the Mont Alto Campus Registrar in Conklin Hall OR you may mail the form to Registrar’s Office, Penn State Mont Alto, 1 Campus Drive, Mont Alto, PA 17237
- The campus Registrar will notify you of the decision regarding your request.