The mission of the Physical Therapist Assistant program at Penn State Mont Alto is to develop knowledgeable and competent graduates who are prepared to obtain licensure as physical therapist assistants. The PTA program prepares its graduates to assume responsibility in the community as entry-level physical therapist assistants who perform interventions under the direct supervision of a physical therapist in an ethical, legal, safe, and effective manner. The PTA program faculty is committed to providing an outstanding contemporary educational experience that supports community needs for physical therapy services.
1. The PTA program will prepare program graduates to practice as exemplary entry-level physical therapist assistants.
2. Program enrollment and progression/retention processes will support the mission of the program and reflect regional workforce needs.
3. The PTA program will provide students with an outstanding educational experience with an appropriate and engaging curriculum.
4. The PTA program will maintain a highly qualified faculty.
5. The PTA program will maintain adequate resources for the delivery of the PTA curriculum.