Prepare for a healthcare career with a health policy and administration degree from Penn State Mont Alto.
In collaboration with Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Public Affairs, Penn State Mont Alto’s health policy and administration (HPA) bachelor of science program prepares students for careers in the healthcare industry as well as for graduate studies in business, law, medicine or allied health fields, health administration, health services research or policy, and public health.
Why Study HPA?
The HPA program offers a flexible course structure that allows you to tailor your classes to your individual goals. Supporting courses let you explore specific areas of interest including:
- health sciences;
- business administration;
For more information on the HPA curriculum, visit the HPA: Overview / Courses page.
The HPA program readies students for graduate studies at multiple possible locations within Penn State, such as University Park, Harrisburg, and even online through World Campus:
- Penn State Harrisburg School of Public Affairs Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- 36-credit program
- Evening and Saturday classes
- University Park Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- 45-credit program
- World Campus Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- 45-credit program
- Cohort model
A health policy and administration degree and the healthcare industry offer students a vast array of growing job opportunities. HPA students are prepared to work in a variety of healthcare organizations, including:
- healthcare providers (hospitals, physician practices, nursing facilities, home health agencies, etc.);
- health insurers (nonprofit and commercial insurers, health maintenance organizations, etc.);
- healthcare consulting firms.
For a full list of future HPA career opportunities, visit the HPA: Careers and Job Opportunities page.
Many US states and territories require professional licensure/certification to be employed. If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession after completing this program, please visit the Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map.
Request More Information about This Degree