- Take a first-year honors seminar as part of an honors cohort with other incoming honors students. Honors seminars explore special topics outside of the usual curriculum and are taught by Mont Alto honors faculty.
- Complete at least one honors course per semester, either by taking an honors class or completing an honors option. The honors option allows students to work one-on-one with a faculty member to go beyond the usual coursework in their regular classes, making any class into an honors class for that student. An honors option should not add significantly to your course load but should let you explore a topic of personal interest.
- Have the opportunity to go on honors program trips each semester and to meet speakers who come to campus.
- Participate in Food for Thought, our lunchtime discussion series, and the monthly Campus Symposium.
- Receive priority scheduling during the registration period for classes each semester.
- Have access to the honors suite in Wiestling Hall.
- Learn, grow, change, and generally become a more mature and sophisticated thinker.
- Do all the above as part of a surrounding community of enthusiastic students and faculty without it being a stressful addition to your college experience.
- Can join the program in any semester during their time at Mont Alto by getting a referral from a faculty member and interviewing with honors faculty. It is also possible to leave the Honors Program if it's not a good fit for you.