SHRM-CP®/SHRM-SCP® (Society for Human Resource Management/SHRM)
SHRM Learning System Certification Preparation
Penn State Mont Alto is now offering the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ Certification Preparation Course.
The new SHRM certification recognizes that human resource (HR) professionals are at the core of leading organizational success. It is built upon one singular body of knowledge designed to elevate the HR profession around the world. It ensures that the HR professional possesses the relevant HR knowledge required for today’s workplace, but it goes one step further. The SHRM certification tests the HR professional’s competencies – the ability to put knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
Fall 2021 Course Information
- 6 to 9 p.m., Thursdays, September 16 - December 9
- Course delivered via Zoom
- Register in SHRM-SCP Learning System Review
- Be sure to register at the campus of your choice by September 7 to ensure textbook availabilty on the first night of class.
Check with your employer to determine if you are eligible for employer tuition reimbursement.
SHRM conducted an intensive research study to define, in addition to competencies, the body of knowledge that is relevant to today's global HR professional. As a result of this extensive research, HR knowledge has been grouped by common themes into four knowledge domains.
Talent Acquisition and Retention; Employee Engagement; Learning and Development; and Total Rewards
Structure of the HR Function; Organizational Effectiveness and Development; Workforce management; Employee Relations; and Technology and Data
HR in the Global Context; Diversity and Inclusion; Risk Management; Corporate Social Responsibility; and Employment Law and Regulations (U.S. only)
Business and HR Strategy
To further define how HR professionals apply HR knowledge, skills, and abilities, the following competencies have been identified:
- HR Expertise - the ability to apply the principles and practices of HR management to contribute to the success of the business.
- Relationship Management - the ability to manage interactions to provide service and support the organization.
- Consultation - The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders.
- Leadership and Navigation - The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organizations.
- Communication - The ability to effectively exchange with stakeholders.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness - The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties.
- Ethical Practice - The ability to support and uphold the values of the organization while mitigating risk.
- Business Acumen - The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization's strategic plan.
- Critical Evaluation - The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendation.
Benefits of the Learning System Program
By attending our review course, you'll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor;
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers;
- Tuition reimbursement (check with your company) and up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs)
The requirements have changed for certification, minimizing barriers to participation; the new exam is affordable, making certification attainable my more professionals.
For any other questions of general information about the new HRM Certification credentials, please visit SHRMCertification.org.
Would you like more information? We can schedule additional classes if interest is great enough!