Veterans' Credits for Educational Experiences

Veterans' Credits for Educational Experiences

A veteran or member of the active armed services or the selected reserves who is a student may be eligible for credit for educational experiences in the armed forces.

You may also be eligible to earn credit for Military Occupational Specialties (MOS), Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC), Marine Corps Enlisted Rating (MCE) and Coast Guard Rating (CGR).  Transcripts can be obtained through the Department of Defense Joint Services Transcript (JST) website.

Penn State uses the American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service. If applying for admission to Penn State, you can have the ACE transcript sent directly to Penn State Undergraduate Admission Office for evaluation of transferable credits.

For more information, view Military information at the Penn State Admissions website.

Credit Guidelines

View the transcript requirement details for each branch of the military.