The courses taken by engineering students will depend on the major chosen as well as the individual student’s preferences and abilities.
As a starting point, we recommend looking at the suggested academic plan for your preferred major. We also recommend discussing your plan with academic adviser however to ensure your schedule is a good fit for you.
- Suggested Academic Plans from the College of Engineering
- Suggested Academic Plans at Harrisburg
- To find your adviser, log into LionPath (please use browser other than Internet Explorer) and click on Advisor Information to find your advisor’s name and contact information.
To help you plan out your schedule, below is a list of courses commonly taken by engineering students and the semesters they are commonly offered at the Mont Alto campus. This is not a comprehensive list, but instead a list of some of the most important classes you will be taking. Schedules are subject to change over time, so to find the most up to date information of course offerings, see the schedule of courses.
Courses Offered both Spring and Fall
- CMPSC 101 (Introduction to C++ Programming)
- CHEM 110 and 111 (Chemical Principles I and Lab)
- EDSGN 100S (Introduction to Engineering Design)
- MATH 140 (Calculus With Analytic Geometry I)
- MATH 141 (Calculus With Analytic Geometry II)
- CMPEN 271 (Introduction to Digital Systems)
- CMPEN 275 (Digital Design Laboratory)
- CMPSC 122 (Intermediate Programming)
- CMPSC 201 (Programming for Engineers with C++)
- EMCH 211 (Statics)
- MATH 220 (Matrices)
- MATH 230 (Calculus and Vector Analysis)
- PHYS 212 (General Physics: Electricity and Magnetism)
- CHEM 112 and 113 (Chemical Principles II and Lab)
- CMPSC 121 (Introduction to Programming Techniques)
- CMPSC 200 (Programming for Engineers with Matlab)
- EE 210 (Circuits and Devices)
- EMCH 212 (Dynamics)
- EMCH 213 (Strength of Materials)
- MATH 250/251 (Differential Equations)
- ME 300 (Thermodynamics)
- PHSY 211 (General Physics: Mechanics)