Counseling Services would like to welcome new and returning students to a new academic year. We understand that students are navigating the traditional challenges of university life in the continued unknowns of a pandemic environment. Counseling Services is here to help with a variety of in-person and virtual wellness services.
Students may confront a variety of issues that could impede their ability to achieve academically. Some such issues include anxiety, interpersonal concerns, depression, family issues, substance abuse, sexuality, and other mental health issues that are commonly faced by students.
Penn State Mont Alto recognizes this fact and offers support so that students can devote their attention to their course work.
In-person and virtual wellness services
Students can make in-person and virtual appointments by contacting Darlene Pasi, M.S., LPC, licensed mental health counselor, at (717) 749-6125 or [email protected]. Counseling services are free for currently enrolled Penn State students.
Telepsychiatry services are available to full-time students via Mantra Health.
- Counseling Services Virtual Library: This CAPS Virtual Library features short, informative videos about various mental health topics from "Coping with COVID-19" to "Self-Compassion and Growth." Some videos serve to inform, validate, and support, while others provide a basic introduction to strategies for coping with specific concerns.
- WellTrack; Available to students at any time of day, from any location, WellTrack is a wellness assessment tool that can help students recognize and understand those activities associated with when they feel better or worse and to identify patterns in their daily activities with how they are feeling. WellTrack includes programs that can be completed at a student's own pace with content focused on anxiety, stress, depression, and public speaking.
- Thriving Campus: Thriving Campus is a map-based tool for locating mental health providers in your community.
In crisis or need immediate support?
The Penn State Crisis Line is available 24/7
Connect with a crisis counselor by:
- calling 1-877-229-6400
- or texting "LIONS" to 741741
Remember, counseling at Penn State Mont Alto is...
- Provided by experienced and knowledgeable counselors.
- Confidential. We follow strict legal and ethical guidelines regarding confidentiality. Confidentiality is breached only in rare circumstances, such as ongoing cases of child abuse.
- Free for currently enrolled Penn State Mont Alto students for most of our services.
- Tailored to meet the needs of the individual, using a variety of approaches.
- Brief, to best serve the greatest number of students.
Care Team page: https://montalto.psu.edu/student-life/care
Red Folder for faculty/staff: https://redfolder.psu.edu/