The mission of the Residence Life Office at Penn State Mont Alto is to provide a safe, comfortable, secure and nurturing living-learning environment that is conducive to students' academic pursuits and personal growth while fostering a sense of community, civic responsibility and an appreciation of diversity.
Residential students at Penn State Mont Alto can:
- Develop a sense of belonging by engaging with fellow students in residence halls and around campus.
- Identify key factors and resources on and off campus related to personal wellness.
- Recognize the importance of sustainability to the environment and the future.
- Identify ways in which to be a positive and productive citizen both in the classroom and their community.
- Discuss the importance of appreciating the diversity in other individuals' values, backgrounds, and beliefs.
Resident Assistant Program
RAs are fellow students in leadership positions that live alongside residents in residence halls to help facilitate a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the adjustment to college life, social interactions, and roommates.
- Ensure that the residence hall environment is supportive of all students and adheres to University and campus policies.
- Provide an opportunity to establish a connection with fellow residents, student mentors, and professional staff.
- Host a variety of fun activities for students to get engaged.
The Residence Life Coordinators are live-in full-time employees who supervise RAs and provide a variety of resources and services to the residential community. Some items include:
- Develop important transferable skills for life and after graduation.
- Assist with escalated roommate disputes and address student emergencies.
- Offer support, assistance and referrals for personal, academic, and mental health concerns.
- Provide resources and referral information about departments on campus and agencies/organizations in the surrounding community.
- Enhance the social, academic and leadership skills of our residents through educational programming, community building, and personal contact.
Residence Life Office Hours of Operation
The Residence Life Office, located on the second floor of Conklin Hall (Student Life Wing) is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. To schedule an appointment with the Residence Life Coordinators, please contact Student Life at 717-749-6156.
For after-hours assistance, please contact the Residence Life Duty phone at 717-729-9331. In the case of an emergency, contact Penn State Mont Alto Police Services immediately at 717-749-6070 or call 911.
RAs are on duty in the residence halls seven days a week during the academic year, including evenings, from 8 p.m. – midnight (Sunday-Thursday) and 8 p.m. – 2 a.m. (Friday-Saturday).