Penn State Mont Alto places a high value on excellence in teaching among its faculty. Appropriately each year the campus recognizes one outstanding part-time/adjunct member of the faculty.
- Students are asked to nominate outstanding teachers as defined by the criteria listed below.
- Please note that nominees may be given a copy of the nominations on their behalf.
$500 stipend and a framed certificate
- Instructor must have taught at Penn State Mont Alto for at least 2 full semesters (not including the current semester) prior to being nominated, and
- Instructor must have taught at least 2 classes at Penn State Mont Alto (not including the current semester) prior to being nominated
Nomination Process & Criteria
Submit your nomination below. Nominations will consist of the equivalent of up to a two (2) page typewritten paper discussing reasons the student believes the instructor is deserving of this teaching award. The nomination should address the following points:
- The ability of the instructor to clarify difficult concepts.
- The instructor’s respect for the students as individuals.
- The instructor’s knowledge of the subject.
- The instructor’s preparation for class.
- The instructor’s skill in encouraging students to participate in discussion.
- Other strengths that set this instructor apart from other faculty.
5 p.m., March 18, 2022
2020 Jane A. Oyler
2019 Marie Thompson
2014 E. Hollis Mentzer
2013 Gayniale Nowak
2011 David Kalist
2010 Jennifer Harp
2006 Maria Munoz-Caballero
2005 Clare Tauriello