Penn State Mont Alto places a high value on excellence in teaching among its faculty. Appropriately each year the campus recognizes one outstanding part-time/adjunct member of the faculty.
- Students are asked to nominate outstanding teachers as defined by the criteria listed below.
- Please note that nominees may be given a copy of the nominations on their behalf.
$500 stipend and a framed certificate
- Instructor must have taught at Penn State Mont Alto for at least 2 full semesters (not including the current semester) prior to being nominated, and
- Instructor must have taught at least 2 classes at Penn State Mont Alto (not including the current semester) prior to being nominated
Nomination Process & Criteria
Submit your nomination below. Nominations will consist of the equivalent of up to a two (2) page typewritten paper discussing reasons the student believes the instructor is deserving of this teaching award. The nomination should address the following points:
- The ability of the instructor to clarify difficult concepts.
- The instructor’s respect for the students as individuals.
- The instructor’s knowledge of the subject.
- The instructor’s preparation for class.
- The instructor’s skill in encouraging students to participate in discussion.
- Other strengths that set this instructor apart from other faculty.
2020 Jane A. Oyler
2019 Marie Thompson
2014 E. Hollis Mentzer
2013 Gayniale Nowak
2011 David Kalist
2010 Jennifer Harp
2006 Maria Munoz-Caballero
2005 Clare Tauriello