- Framed Certificate
- Engraved plaque to be displayed on campus honoring winners
- Nominees must be active military, reserve, or national guard or a veteran having served in the U.S Armed Services.
- Nominees must be enrolled at Penn State Mont Alto during the semester of nomination.
- Student veterans who have demonstrated academic achievement and who have made a meaningful contribution to the University or broader community may be nominated. Nominees do not necessarily have to be in an assigned leadership role.
Criteria for Judging
- Difficult circumstances to overcome in order to pursue higher education
- Success in coping with numerous roles
- Innovative approaches to meeting personal education needs
- Supportive of other veterans returning to school
- Contributions to campus and/or community
- Sensitizing the institution to the needs of student veterans
- Nominations accepted from any Mont Alto student, faculty, or staff member.
- Nomination must include
- Letter of nomination outlining the student’s qualifications for the award as they relate to established criteria (see below)
- Nomination Form (see below)
- Student Veteran Club Adviser
- Director of Development Representative
- Faculty Member
- Director of Student Affairs (non-voting)
5 p.m., March 22, 2024
2023 S. LeMar Best, Justin Nichol
2022 Tanner Wetzel
2021 Jessica Beckley
2020 Ben Cai
2019 Grayson B. Whistler
2018 John Wiesniewski
2017 Peter Lancaster
2016 Joshua Hersl
2015 Benjamin Stephey
2014 Joshua D. Adams
2013 Allen Stephey